Monday, August 18, 2008

Marquis

About 7 years ago I saw a picture of Marquis on Dreamhorse message forum. In fact it was this picture I saw...

I instantly fell in love with him and emailed his owner, Linda Harper of Needville, TX. We emailed back and forth and became friends. It wasn't long before I decided that someday I would have an Arabian and when I did it would be a Marquis baby.

In 2003 I put a down payment on MM Diamonds N Pearls, aka Pearl, who was then a yearling. Two short payments in I was injured at work and had to back out. I was afraid Linda would be mad at me for breaking our agreement and I laid low for a few years.

In 2006 I decided I was ready and approached Linda about arranging a breeding. Another friend of ours conveniently had a VERY nice Arabian mare headed to Linda's for boarding so we got together with her and got things in motion. I bought the baby before it was even bred for and waited what seemed like forever for the baby to make an appearance.

In March of 2007 a beautiful little filly was born. MM China Doll was a perfect little grey carbon copy of her daddy and I was tickled pink. Thanks to Linda's superb and dedicated photography skills, I was able to watch her grow up in pictures while I waited for weaning time so she could make the trip from Texas to Kentucky.

About a month before China was due to be weaned, Linda dropped the bomb that she was retiring from breeding and offering Marquis for sale! As soon as the world quit spinning and I could breathe again, I emailed her and in a few hours of discussions we had a deal made for me to bring home not a pretty little weanling filly but her gorgeous father instead!

Marquis made the trip from Texas to Kentucky in December of 2007 and my world has never been the same. He is everything I ever dreamed of and more and I am so grateful to Linda for allowing me to the awesome responsibility and privelage of sharing my life with him.


Thank you my friend!


Here is Marquis' pedigree.
Pictures!














2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great story. Isn't it amazing when a dream is realized.

Hope you'll be posting pictures!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

greenfoley said...

Thank you! He really is a dream come true. I will get some pics up shortly!

Michelle